Thursday, April 14, 2011

Gov Quinn's Statement on the Education Reform Bill

CHICAGO – April 14, 2011. Governor Pat Quinn today issued a statement regarding the introduction of comprehensive education reform legislation.

“Education reform has been one of the top priorities for my administration. This bill helps us make sure that we have the best teachers in our classrooms and assures effective teacher performance. This bill today is the result of a collaborative effort between my administration, the Legislature and many education groups. I am proud of the method and hard work that has produced this legislation. I commend Sen. Lightford for her leadership and her tireless work on this reform. I also thank my education advocate Lieutenant Governor Sheila Simon for her dedication to our students. I would also like to extend my appreciation to all of the legislators, teachers and education groups who helped put this together.


“In the last two years, I have signed legislation passed by the General Assembly enacting more education reforms than our state has seen in the last two decades. This continues the comprehensive education reform effort in our state, and I urge legislators to support our students by supporting this plan.”

No comments: